Easton House Fire Investigation Continues

The house fire on Rockhouse Road is still under investigation. This was a serious fire with the property sustaining a total fire loss. The real story about the fire is that the two occupants escaped the fire due to a working smoke detector.

The smoke detector alerted them while they were sleeping that the house was on fire. National statistics show that lack of smoke detectors and no maintenance on these safety devices are a significant factor in not surviving a home fire. 

Firefighter Lucy Crossman from the Fire Marshal’s Office has spent significant time over many years educating Easton’s children about the perils of a house fire.

Fire prevention, smoke detectors, how to escape a fire and  having a home escape plan are some of the subjects that the public needs to be reminded about.

Read more about the early morning blaze on April 7 at 330 Rock House Road here.

image_pdfimage_print