- This event has passed.
Film Screening of Resilience, the Award-Winning Documentary, and a Panel Discussion with Experts in Trauma and Resilience
March 18 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
You’re invited to a virtual film screening of Resilience, the award-winning documentary, and a panel discussion with experts in trauma and resilience on Thursday, March 18 from 6:00-7:30pm, sponsored by the Connecticut State Taskforce on ACEs & Resilience (CSTAR).
ABOUT THE FILM: Resilience, an award-winning documentary, chronicles the science of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and a movement among pediatricians, therapists, educators and communities to disrupt the resulting cycles of violence, addiction, and disease by using cutting-edge brain science.
REGISTER HERE: https://bit.ly/bpuwcfc-resilience. Registration is required in order to receive a private viewing URL that can be used during a 4-day window from Sunday, 3/14 and Thursday, 3/18. You will be able to access the film at your convenience during this timeframe, and then join us for a follow-up panel discussion of the film featuring experts in trauma and resilience from across the state of Connecticut.
ABOUT THE PANEL DISCUSSION:
– Moderator, Dr. Alice Forrester – Chief Executive Officer, Clifford Beers Child Guidance Clinic
– Panelist, Robin Comey – State Representative, Connecticut House District 102
– Panelist, Michael Williams – Deputy Commissioner of Operations, Department of Children and Families
– Panelist, Samantha Lew – Policy Analyst and Advocacy Specialist, Health Equity Solutions
– Panelist, Cheri Crider – Director of Mentoring and Outreach, AMIRAH
– Panelist, Lorraine Reid-James – Family and Children’s Agency
– Panelist, Tycharmel Denny – An advocate for children, and single mother of two
VIEW THE TRAILER HERE: https://vimeo.com/137282528. Resilience is a one hour long documentary.
EVENT SPONSORS & HOSTS:
Event brought to you by The Connecticut State Taskforce on ACEs & Resilience (CSTAR).
Many thanks to our sponsors* and partners who helped to make this event possible:
– Bridgeport Prospers/United Way of Coastal Fairfield County*
– Clifford Beers
– Health Equity Solutions
– Norwalk ACTS
– The Connecticut Women’s Consortium*