You may be wondering: What is the Easton 175th Committee? The committee is an ad-hoc group drawn from the local community that is hard at work planning a series of fun and interesting events to commemorate the 175th anniversary of Easton’s founding.
Bob Lessler, a long time Easton selectman, heads the committee, comprised of a talented group of local volunteers. “The committee is a very informal group appointed by no one,” Lessler said. “I took it upon myself to pull together a group of people I knew were doers or had specific interests and skills. From there, it’s evolved organically.”
Logo Contest Deadline is June 30
Easton175th’s first event is the logo contest. The Easton175th Committee is thrilled to have already received a number of wonderful submissions for the Logo Contest, and wants to remind everyone that there is still time to submit your design by the June 30 deadline. The logo will be used in all media, including online, print, merchandise, and other visual collateral for the 175th anniversary campaign and celebrations.
The Logo Contest continues the tradition of Easton looking to its citizens’ creativity for logo designs, as was done for the 150th anniversary logo and the Easton Town Seal. The logo should be a simple design that incorporates an idea, look, or feel of the essence of Easton. The winner will be announced on July 4 by the judging panel made up of members of the Easton Arts Council. Winners will receive an official certificate from the Town of Easton, a local gift card, merchandise with their design, and more.
To submit your entry for the Easton175 Logo Contest visit the webpage at Easton175.com.
Rules are as follows:
1. Only current Easton residents of all ages are eligible to participate.
2. Only one entry per person.
3. By submitting a logo, the entrant agrees that the submission becomes the property of, and assigns all ownership and usage rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to the Easton 175th Committee.
4. Entrants agree the Easton175th Committee may publish their name, likeness and logo in promotion of the Easton175 Logo Contest and the 175th Anniversary of Easton in press, print, online, and all other future communications.
5. Submitted work must be the original work of the entrant. No copyrighted or trademarked images may be incorporated in your submission with the exception of the Town Seal of Easton, which the Board of Selectmen has granted the use of for the Easton175 Logo Contest.
6. The Easton175th Committee may alter, modify or revise the logo as needed for various uses.
7. If no suitable entries are received, the Easton 175th Committee reserves the right not to select a winning entry.
Visit the official Easton175.com for more information about the contest and upcoming activities and celebrations as they are planned.
The image above is of the Aspetuck Valley Apple Barn by John Forgione, one of Easton’s talented artists. Forgione said: “The Apple Barn is a distinct and loved location in our beautiful town. Stop by for local apples, delicious pies, cheese, crackers, local produce, seasonal flowers, and holiday fair… love this place and the people who work there.”
Read more about Forgione in “John Forgione and the Sacred Outdoors,” an Easton Front Porch story by Gale Papageorge.