WARNING/NOTICE OF REFERENDUM
VOTE ON MARCH 30, 2021
The Legal Voters in the Town of Easton, Connecticut, and those entitled to vote therein, are hereby warned and notified to vote on a referendum to be held at Samuel Staples Elementary School, 515 Morehouse Road, Easton, CT on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to vote on the following questions:
1. Shall the Town of Easton appropriate the sum of $49,770 for the purchase of body and dash cam cameras for the Easton Police Department as mandated by state law?
2. Shall the Town of Easton approve an ordinance revision increasing the stipend for our volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Medical Service volunteers?
3. Shall the Town of Easton approve the Tax Relief for the Elderly Ordinance as recommended by the 2021 Senior Tax Relief for the Elderly Committee?
4. Shall the Town of Easton join the Westport Weston Health District?
5. As an advisory question, should the Town of Easton appropriate $249,400 for the local match requirement (20% of the total project cost of $1,247,000) for the costs associated with constructing a multi-use/pedestrian path along Sport Hill Road from the entrance of Helen Keller Middle School to the crosswalk at Silverman’s Farm pursuant to the Town’s “transportation alternatives set-aside” application submitted to the Connecticut Department of Transportation on August 29, 2019?
DATED at Easton, CT this 24th day of March 2021.
BOARD OF SELECTMEN – David Bindelglass, Kristi Sogofsky, Robert Lessler
TOWN CLERK – Christine Halloran